Emotion-Focused Therapy [Module 2]
Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) proposes that emotions have an adaptive potential that, if activated, can help clients change. This view of emotion is based on the belief that emotion, at its core, is an innate and adaptive system that has evolved to help us survive and thrive.
Clients are helped in therapy to better identify, experience, explore, make sense of, transform and flexibly manage their emotions. As a result, clients become more skilful in accessing the important information and meanings about themselves and their world that emotions contain, as well as become more skilful in using that information to live vitally and adaptively.
By attending this module, you will become familiar with:
- Evocation, Arousal and Exploration
- Evocative Unfolding
- Two Chair Dialogue and Splits
- Accessing Primary Adaptive Emotions & Core Maladaptive Schemes
- Accessing Primary Emotions
- Accessing Core Dysfunctional Emotion Schemes
- Allowing, Accepting and Owning
- Restructuring Core Emotion Schemes
- Supporting the Emergence of Primary Needs
- Tapping Positive Emotional Resources
- Integration and Self Acceptance
WORKSHOP LEADER | PROF. LADISLAV TIMULAK
Ladislav Timulak, PhD is Associate Professor at Trinity College Dublin. He is the Course Director of the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology programme. Ladislav is both an academic and practitioner. His main research interest is psychotherapy research, particularly the development of emotion-focused therapy. He is currently developing an approach for generalised anxiety disorder. He has written five books, and over 50 peer reviewed papers in both his native language, Slovak, and in English. His most recent books include Research in Psychotherapy and Counselling (Sage, 2008), Developing Your Counselling and Psychotherapy Skills and Practice (Sage, 2011), Transforming Emotional Pain in Psychotherapy (Routledge, 2015) and Transforming Generalized Anxiety: An Emotion-Focused Approach (Routledge, 2017). He serves on various editorial boards and provides expert reviews of academic papers and research grants internationally.
When & Where
- 11 – 13 June 2018 (Mon to Wed)
- 9 am to 5 pm
- Venue: To be Determined
- $1350 – Super Early Bird Fee [before 11 April]
- $1400 – Early Bird Fee [before 11 May]
- $1500 – Normal Fee [from 11 May]
- Payment is needed to confirm your registration
- You must have completed EFT Module 1
- Please contact Caper Institute if you need further clarification on this point
This module fulfills part of the requirements to become a certified EFT therapist. This certification is recognised by the Internation Society of EFT (ISEFT) led by Leslie Greenberg. Please see https://iseft.wildapricot.org
- Register Now!
- A confirmation email will be send once the payment is received and processed.
- 60% pre-approved, under Professional Skills Based Training.
- Contact email@example.com
- Mobile 8141 8002