Emotion-Focused Therapy : Module One [Special Edition]
Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) proposes that emotions have an adaptive potential that, if activated, can help clients change. This view of emotion is based on the belief that emotion, at its core, is an innate and adaptive system that has evolved to help us survive and thrive.
Clients are helped in therapy to better identify, experience, explore, make sense of, transform and flexibly manage their emotions. As a result, clients become more skilful in accessing the important information and meanings about themselves and their world that emotions contain, as well as become more skilful in using that information to live vitally and adaptively.
This workshop is special in two ways; 1) that the originator of EFT, Prof. Greenberg is teaching in person, and 2) there is more time catered for skills practice. The following topics will be covered:
- Principles of EFT : Relationship & Task
- Dialectical Constructivist Theory
- Markers and Tasks – A roadmap for EFT
- Emotion Theory & Emotion Assessment
- Principles of Change
- Two Chair Dialogue and Skills Practice
- Empty Chair Dialogue and skills practice
WORKSHOP LEADER | PROF. LESLIE S. GREENBERG
Leslie S. Greenberg is Distinguished Research Professor Emeritus of Psychology at York University in Toronto, Canada. He is the major developer of an Emotion-Focused approach to psychotherapy. The development of this approach started in 1975.
In his PhD dissertation, he asked a very important question – “What makes people change when they consult a psychologist with a difficulty or struggle?” The key answer that unfolds was that it is not thoughts that brings sustainable change, neither behaviour, but emotions. These pioneering ideas were first published in the mid-eighties. And he continued to research in the area of emotions, and has countless books and research papers, under his name, and the number is still growing. This approach is called Emotion-Focused Therapy.
When & Where
- 8, 9, 11 & 12 May 2020 [Fri – Sat & Mon – Tue]
- 9 am to 5 pm
- Venue : NTU@One North
- $1650 – Super Early Bird – [before 8 Feb 2020]
- $1800 – Early Bird – [before 8 Mar 2020]
- $2000 – Normal – [from 8 Mar 2020]
This module fulfills part of the requirements to become a certified EFT therapist. This certification is recognised by the International Society of EFT (ISEFT) led by Leslie Greenberg. Please see https://iseft.wildapricot.org
- Register Now!
- A confirmation email will be send once the payment is received and processed.
- Contact Caper Spring
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile 8141 8002